Easyfairs is one of the leading event organizing companies in the world. With now more than 700 staffmembers, and growing constantly, we organize more than 200 events in 20 countries and manage 10 event venues in Belgium, the Netherlands and Sweden.
At Easyfairs we believe in entrepreneurship and working with passion! We offer ample room for initiative and developing your skills. Talent development being part of our growth strategy, Easyfairs offers you everything you may need to continuously develop yourself and reach your full potential. We devote special attention to designing cool offices that nurture well-being and creativity at work. This approach resulted in Easyfairs becoming Belgium’s Enterprise of the Year 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021,getting awarded a Great Place to Work Certificate and a “Best Managed Companies” award.
For the Headquarters in Brussels, we are currently looking for a WordPress Engineer with at least three years of experience. You will be reporting to the Head of Online Platforms. As a part of the web development team (12 members), you are responsible for the development of new functionality in our WordPress-based solutions.
We use tools like git, Gitlab, PHPUnit, phpcs and prefer working with PHPStorm for IDE. We also make extensive use of containers for development and CICD pipelines.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Writing, documenting, testing and reviewing of code adhering to best practices in terms of code quality, design and architecture.
• Maintaining our current software and solutions
• Analysing and designing solutions for new features together with our software Architect.
Profile & skills:
• You are an enthusiastic WordPress advocate
• At least three years of experience in WordPress plugin development
• Experienced in handling large-scale multilingual web sites
• Technical expertise in Gutenberg and Elementor Page Builders is a plus
• Git repositories, Git flow and Code reviews are no strangers to you
• Familiarity with code quality and testing tools is a big plus
• Front-end and Mobile experience is a plus (React, React Native, …)
• You have an appetite for learning and self-development
• You are open to new ideas and are not afraid to challenge existing ones
• You’re experienced in package management tools like NPM and Composer
• You’re fluent in English (written & spoken)
• Having prior experience in working in an Agile team is a plus
• An interesting, challenging opportunity in a growing, dynamic company
• A job with much variation in terms of projects and technologies
• Opportunities for learning and growth in terms of courses and conferences
• Being part of a growing team of developers
• A flexible working environment
• Working schedule 100% remote possible
• Preferably Internal employee position, but Freelance can be considered